NeedSecure 2 - Security itself
We constantly improve our scripts and welcome our visitors to view the list of new features and fixes in the latest versions of our software:
We are happy to introduce new released version of our membership management software - NeedSecure 2.0.13.
Going with the times and corresponding to modern security requirements, we finally have implemented a qualitatively new level of protection for NeedSecure 2 - protection system based on license ID verification.
- The mechanism of working with config files is significantly optimized.
- New language constants have been added: now NeedSecure 2 supports more languages
- The work of NeedSecure 2 in Opera browser has been optimized.
- Error messages have been adjusted in accordance with the rules of English Grammar, as a result they became more informative and clearer for user.
- Using templates for sending e-mail messages has been improved.
Version 2.0.12 includes the following enhancements:
- Short PHP tags support is not required any more NeedSecure 2.0.12 doesn′t require short tags support for PHP interpreter.
Downloading of demo users and administrators at the installation stage became optional:
There is an opportunity not to enable pre-installed users and administrators, who present a serious threat for system security, at the stage of installing software.
Optional automatic subscription for free products:
Now you can configure the automatic subscription for free products for all users from the groups, for which the current product is available for subscription. The management of this option is implemented through System Configuration->Member settings->Automatic subscription for free products. The current option requires turned on and configured Task Scheduler (CRON).
- An opportunity of individual redirection of users after authorization. The enabling of this option is implemented through System Configuration->Global Setup->Redirect after login->Individual redirection. If to set the page address for redirection in user configuration panel (Member Control->Member List->Edit member->Info->Redirect after login), after finishing authorization user will be redirected to a specified page. If this function is disabled or the page address is not set, the user will be redirected to page that is set in the field "System Configuration->Global Setup->Redirect after login". If user was redirected to authorization page trying to access locked resource, after authorization he will be redirected to appropriate resource.
- Facilities for management of special offers are extended.
- Management facilities for newsletter representation are also extended.
The version 2.0.11 now includes the following pages settings (configured by the administrator for the user panel):
- Billing user profile (/user/profile_additional/profile_billing)
- User information for domain name registration (/user/profile_additional/profile_domain)
If enabled, the option "Don′t ask for confirmation", next to a corresponding profile, doesn′t require the user to enter this information each time during the order processes. This option works only if all the required fields are filled out.
The "Autofill" button automatically fills in all the corresponding fields data if it is entered in the user profile.
Improved capability to change user statuses by the administrator(s). In the Member List section it is possible to manage statuses in the user table:
- by ticking off/on the corresponding status
- by filtering statuses
Design management tools are implemented in the Design Manager section. Now the administrator(s) can change design for these pages:
- user registration page
- user profile page
- change user password page
The requirements for the modules auth_modul / proxy_modul are more flexible now. This allows an easy installation and use of the software on most types of web servers.
Free products can now be subscribed to without having to pass through the shopping cart. This allows users to easily and quickly subscribe to your products and gain an instant access to the protected directory or page.
- Administrators can present special offers to registered and non-registered users with an opportunity to select a number of products and news for a separate user (in the Enterprise version). In addition to it, administrators are able to extract products from "product list" and news from "manage news" to these special offers.
- Mod_proxy and mod_auth do not need strict requirements while setting up.
- The system allows to edit a user when the one is not active.
- Search bug on the Members List page fixed
- The Edit/Export Language page now includes the language name in the header
- Search Reset bug on the Product List page fixed.
- Pop-up help message for several buttons added.
- Several text messages were changed
- The user list in the Members Groups section includes now users with the 'suspend' status.
- Improved the capability to modify design templates for user panel.
- Maximum allowed poster size is now displayed in the interface.
- Under certain conditions in the user panel, directory names in 'active products' were displayed incorrectly
- New templates for changing the design of the user part.
- The error in the work with MySQL v. 4.1.22 fixed.
- The default icon is displayed if no icon is assigned to the pro.
- The error when using e-mail as a login fixed.
- The possibility to edit the templates of the user part added
- In some cases a false presence of the tables with the specified prefix in DB during the installation was indicated.
- The code optimized for the Safari browser.
- In some case there appeared 404 page error on the logout.
- There was an error after installing with MySql 4.1.22.
- Possibility to enable simplified user's menu for Pro and Enterprise versions.
- Using e-mail address as a login.
- Alternative login form which can be integrated into a website.
- Possibility to enable simplified user's menu for Basic version only.
- System information gathering and developers notification, error processing.
- Separate translation of language constants of the administrative and user parts.
- System currency changing option.
- Updating mechanism between subversions.
- The finishing slash ('/ ') was not added in certain cases at folders export from NeedSecure 1.
- The opportunity to cerate User Groups was added.
- Product list. The possibility to view the products unavailable to any group is added to the filter.
- Autoprotection control.
- Mass directories reprotection.
- Member list. Searching by Group option is added.